Sunday, November 05, 2006

It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!

T-minus 7 days until the great "baby shower craptacular".. and I finished the wee-sweater. I used a Leisure Art pattern that you can find here... and Red Heart Soft yarn. I've never used this yarn before, and I have to say, it's not bad. It's worsted weight, and ... well.. it's the softest Red Heart yarn I've ever used. Found it at Micheal's on a random trip and knew it was destined to be "nephew to be named at a later date"s sweater. I noticed when browsing the baby registry, that my SIL registered for mostly "baby blue" and boy specific things. I hate baby blue as a rule. I'm glad I used green and yellow for the blanket (no it's not done yet.. 7 days people.. 7 days) and orange for the sweater. I feel devious and defiant. This is their first baby, and I keep wondering if they will buy all new stuff later on if they have a girl. Takes all kinds I guess.


And in case you are into these kinds of things.... there's a Calender challenge going on over *here*, and I just couldn't resist. I love my calender. I buy a calender at Hallmark every year (although last year I had to order it off the Internet from Canada) by the artist George Kovach. The boy bought me a fabulous wooden calender frame a bunch of years ago, and it hangs in my kitchen near the phone. November is a busy month for us. And my drumming rehearsals aren't even penned in there.

Hard to believe that the Holiday push is on already, but I felt bombarded with Christmas when I did my errands on Saturday. I wasn't sure how to feel. Part of me was a little excited, I love Christmas. But I'm not ready this year. I'm not mentally prepared for the holidays. My mood isn't in a place where it needs to be to celebrate anything. I've started shopping. I've wrapped my purchases (no, not even 1/4 done). I've gotten all but 5 rooms in my house fall cleaned (the boy's bat cave is his problem, not mine). I've begun to gather baking supplies. But it's like a mental checklist that I'm just working my way through, instead of the joyous holiday preparations that normally take place. We have a few days off at the end of the week, and I think I need to take a little bit of quiet time just for me. Regroup and recharge.

1 comment:

--Deb said...

Thank you for the calendar!