Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Monday, August 29, 2011
Sunday, August 28, 2011
79. One last sunny day of work up the hill, and a genuine feeling of "we'll miss you" at the end of it.
80. A new, male OB-GYN doctor (it was a surprise), and the unexpected immediate acceptance of him due to his gentle and thoughtful personality.
81. The way she listens without judging, and lets me complain, even if it's about her dad.
82. A bountiful basket full of delicious produce from my C.S.A. farm share.
83. Love in a freezer bag.
84. That the storm wasn't as bad as expected, and all my family and friends are safe.
Saturday, August 27, 2011
This little rhyme runs through my head each week when I arrived at Tracie's Farm to pick up my C.S.A. share. I have wanted to buy a share each year for the past few, but finances kept me from being able to do so. Last summer, my good friend C worked at the farm for her single share, and it was more than she could eat alone, so she shared it with us. That was enough to convince me that this summer we needed to get our own. On top of that, since discovering I have a sensitivity to chemicals, pesticides and preservatives, it just made more sense. I love that I can reach into my crisper drawer and pull out, well, anything, and not have to worry about how it was grown.
Friday, August 26, 2011
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Monday, August 22, 2011
72. A rainy day to spend doing whatever I pleased.
73. The way her bangs flip across the side of her eye, and she brushes them away while she eats.
74. The conversations they have about technology that only they can understand.
75. The gift of acceptance, and love.. no matter what.
76. A large watermelon, given away at the end of the Farmer's Market.
77. A stolen moment, shared together in the kitchen.
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Monday, August 15, 2011
65. A lovely day spent just wandering around shops with good friends, good food and good laughs.
66. He makes dinner on the nights I work at the farm so that I can come home hot, tired, and dirty and get right into the shower.
67. A pile of flip flops and some giggly girls who filled my unexpected day off with endless entertainment.
68. My boy coming home.
69. A smile and a kind word from a stranger, when I was feeling far from friendly.
70. Flowers, in honor of our anniversary, and the most touching card I've received in a long time.
Sunday, August 14, 2011
|pizza dough, rising on the counter|
Friday, August 12, 2011
Sunday, August 07, 2011
58. The rain that is watering my garden and giving life to my yard, that came at the end of my work day and not the beginning.
59. The way she smiles while she is txting her friends as she sprawls across the couch.
60. A sunny afternoon picking plums in an orchard. I love my summer job.
61. A husband who steps up and makes a delicious dinner when he knows I am too tired to lift my arms to hug him at the end of my work day.
62 .Having my boy home, even if it's just for one night and tomorrow morning.
63. Our Armed Forces, who give their lives every day so that I may enjoy living in freedom. God Bless them all.
Saturday, August 06, 2011
Today was the 58th annual Shrine Maple Sugar Bowl, played up in Windsor, VT. NH's All-Star football team, made up of this year's top graduated seniors took on VT's All-Star football team in a game that also serves as a fundraiser for the Shrine Hospitals of New England. The three hospitals treat children, regardless of ability to pay, for things such as burns, spinal cord injuries and orthopedic conditions. It's a great day, fueled on in part by the fact that NH has kicked VT's butt every year for the last 11, including this one.
Monday, August 01, 2011
A while ago, I made plans with my friend to spend some time together and end the day with dinner at my house. On Thursday, I realized that I was feeling overwhelmed with how my life has been so crazy as of late and how I hadn't had a real day off in ages, and she offered to give up our plans. She's a great friend. I asked if we could change them, and instead just plan on her and her mom (who's staying with her this summer and I love) coming for dinner and games after. We play cards or a board game or something fun to pass the evening. Because she's so awesome, she never once complained about our plans changing and happily accepted.