Thursday, August 11, 2005

Old Dunn Cow

So there I am, minding my own business and doing some work on my laptop in between waiting for coats of primer to dry. Figured it was better than watching paint dry..although considering how hot it's been it's not taking too long. But anyhow, I'm working.. And I'm listening to some fine Irish music that is now on my hard drive, and my son walks by my desk, and stops. He starts listening to the "Old Dunn Cow" and starts laughing his fool arse off. So he goes gets his sister, and makes me play it again. And then they decide they need the words, so we look em up (close as we could find) and print them. And then they had me play it again so they can sing along.

And they are singing at the top of their lungs in the middle of the room, with all the windows and the door open and I'm thinking.. boy I sure hope none of the neighbors are home today.

Is it wrong of me to let them sing an old Irish pub song that contains the lines,"There was Brown he was upside down, he was lappin at the whiskey on the floor "Booze, Booze" the fireman cried as they came a knockin on the door (knock knock) Oh don't let em in till it's all drunk up.. somebody shouted Macintyre!(macintyre!) And we all got blue-blind paralytic pissed when the Old Dunn Cow caught fire"?

No comments: