Thursday, September 22, 2005

C is for....

My favorite show! C.S.I started back up tonight, and I was practically giddy with excitement. C.S.I is my favorite show on TV. The original, not the spin offs. It has bumped ER (which I have faithfully watched since the very first episode) out of first place which surprised even me. In fact, I'll be taping ER this season because there is no way in hell I can stay up and watch it.

I remember when C.S.I first started, and the boy watched it one night while I was working and said, "You need to check out this new show it's great." So I did. And I couldn't get past the camera view of the bullet traveling through someone's body. A little *too* real for me, KWIM? So he would watch it without me, and I carried on, blissfully unaware of the fabulous show I was missing. And then I didn't work nights anymore, and Thursday night rolled around, and I watched it because he did.. and I had to admit that he was right all along ! I loved the characters, I loved the plot, I loved the science of it, I loved it enough to make sure I was home to see it ever single week, loved it so much that I even watched the spin offs (Miami is OK, I watched NY twice and quit on that) and am still watching all these years later. A little blood, a little crime, some laughs and gasps along the way, and Bob's your uncle.

Here's some thought's on the first show of the season:

What is this crap with Warrick being married?! Last year they told us that He and Catherine would have a *thing* and I waited all season for it to develop and was much disappointed when it didn't. So I, being the ever trusting fan that I am, figured that they'd carry it over to this year. Now I'm not so sure. I kind of think that based on a 4 month relationship, this marriage won't last until the next sweeps, but you never can tell with TV. I thought Catherine handled it very well, all things considered. I've always liked her. And I loved the little heart to heart they had about it. "When you lose that possibility, it just kind of...sucks." Rock on Catherine, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Jorja Fox is another one of my favorite's ... I love how moody and bitchy Sarah can be. It makes her more real and I almost could get behind her developing a relationship with Gill. Although I'd prefer Nick. But that's a story for another day. It really irked me when Jorja was pregnant and the show tried (and failed, as TV always does) to hide it. Give it up already. We all knew she was pregnant, don't make it so cheesy.

Anyhow, I digress. What I want to know, is where was Greg? They spent so much time building his character and getting him to be a C.S.I instead of a lab rat, and yet left him out of the season premiere? What's up with that? We didn't even see him hardly for the first half hour. And speaking of WTF's.. WTF was up with Gill's hat? And the dead people in the car, that was just effing nasty.

When all is said and done, it could've sucked and I'd still be happy. After a summer of boring TV it's nice to have some old friends back.

No comments: