Thursday, May 11, 2006

A little black rain cloud....


The nicest thing about the rain is that it always stops.
Eventually.
 - Eeyore
It started Monday. A light rain. A bit of drizzle. Dreary, grey skies. Today is Thursday, and it's still raining. I checked the 10 day forecast. 50's and 60's with rain, heaviest will be Saturday and Sunday.

Not what I wanted to read. I have herbs to be planted. I have windows to wash. My car needs a good cleaning. I need to spend 20 minutes sitting in the warm afternoon sunshine... my soul needs recharging.

The only thing all this rain has going for it.. is that the fire danger has decreased. And my grass is finally getting greener and growing, although it might need to be mowed after all this is said and done. There seems to be no happy medium this spring. Either we are dry or drowning. My county has a flood watch for tomorrow night into Saturday night. Last time we had a flood watch half the county washed away.

At least the Red Sox are winning.

No comments: