Monday, July 03, 2006

A Month in My Life...

I'm doing a project for the Untamed Scrapper. I am documenting a month in my life in photos. The fun, the interesting, the boring.. all the nitty details. Each day I will post the photos here with a blurb about them. Once a week or so I will have my photos printed and the layouts will be posted in the Untamed Gallery. At the end of the month (or the first week of Aug.) I will have a book highlighting my days. What, you didn't know I was a scrapper? Have you ever read my profile? One can only blog about so many hobbies. (g)

This first photo is actually from Saturday. We have been working on our porch. It has turned into a much larger project than when I first brought it up. See, we enter our house through the porch. It is an enclosed porch that has a door into our kitchen. Technically it's the side of our house, but it's the side of the house we park on, so it's just more convenient. My kitchen is a mess. The previous owners started a renovation project (who only knows what year) and it never got finished. Being it will take a few more years before we're in a position to be able to make over the kitchen, I felt like I needed to be able to enter my house and feel some sense of order. I didn't get that from my porch either. So I figured, what the heck, let's paint the porch. We got primer, we got paint.. and I thought we'd get it done in a weekend. The porch isn't all that big. HA! The porch is made up of old dry barn board. That had been stained a dark horrible brown. And it's rough cut. Which means I had to use a paintbrush. The first coat of primer sucked right into the old wood and took me 3 days to put on. In an hour today, I've finished 1/3 of the porch with the second coat. We also decided to replace some hardware, and might as well paint the floor and ceiling while we are at it right? And how about that ugly broken door? Well, this is our new storm door. We installed it last week over a few nights. I think it looks pretty darn good.

No comments: