Saturday, February 09, 2008

Today hasn't been a banner day. Went to bed grumpy last night, woke up still feeling grumpy... kids are on my last nerve (which is pretty short this week I might add)... it's snowing (AGAIN!), and to top it all off, not only did one of my co-workers father in law pass away this morning.. that one friend I mentioned yesterday... malignant cancer. The Dr's seem to think that it's been there the whole time (she had breast cancer about 6 years ago) but the meds she was taking after the treatments stopped were keeping it quiet. They are quite optimistic about the outcome of this.. and are choosing to use hormone therapy to battle the cancer instead of chemo or radiation. My heart is breaking for her, for her kids, for all of us who have been celebrating with her every time she had a yearly check up and got a clean bill of health. It's just sad and heart breaking, even with the odds looking so good. Cancer is scary shit. So in light of all this.. I bring you Kermit. Because even on the yuckiest of days.. Kermit makes everything better.





and because this has always been one of my favorite Muppet skits:

No comments: