Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I Would Walk 100 Miles

December 22: Travel. Where did you travel in 2010? How and or where would you like to travel next year? (author: Tara Hunt)

The Boy™ and I were planning on taking a big trip this year to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. I was socking some money away each month in anticipation of the big event, and we even went out and bought a set of real luggage. We were thinking of a trip to the Mediterranean, and I had already started scoping out places we'd stay and things we'd do.  Then the contract work The Boy™ was doing ended and our financial situation changed, and that extra money that I had been saving, just wasn't there any more.


We decided instead, that we would go away for the weekend for our anniversary, and plan a big trip for year 20. We are ignoring the fact that Ms. Thang will graduate from HS that same summer, and Mr. Man will likely be in his 2nd year of college, we are going to take a trip that year if it kills me. In our 15 years of marriage, we had never gone away by ourselves until this year. I don't know why.. probably due to money and babysitting and it just never worked out and maybe I never thought of it before. It was nice. It was really nice. It was so nice, that we think we are going to go away every year for our anniversary. Just a weekend trip away somewhere. Next year I'm thinking Lake Champlain. We'll see how it works out.

No comments: