Sunday, April 14, 2013

PSA

When I started this blog, I was working two jobs and needed somewhere to come and be silly and let out some steam so I didn't crack under the pressure. If you go back and read my early posts you will see a lot of  silly polls and some very ranty posts mixed in what I consider to be some really good bits of writing. I hung out in a now defunct scrapbooking forum then, and the only people who read my ramblings came from there. Over the years, my blog has evolved into more of a personal journal. It chronicles trips we have taken, family stories, and over the past several years, pain and hardship. I'm not sure who reads anymore (hello to you all), but I have always written this blog for me. A place to come and say what I needed to say. Sometimes it's because I need to vent about someone, and sometimes because there was too much hurt to unload and I needed a safe place to put it.

I have never questioned what anyone might think about the words that I post here, until recently. I have read on other peoples blogs about how they get email and comments from spammers who leave nasty notes and they have had to shut off comments because they weren't in a place to be able to deal with them at the time. I have not blogged since March because of some comments that made me second guess what I have been posting. Because I have the power to see the comments and to delete them, they don't always show up on the posts, but I see them anyhow. Several times I have wanted to come and write, but have held back because I have wondered what some random people I don't even know might think. I'm done with that. This is my blog, and I don't really care what anyone thinks. If you don't like what  have to say, leave. No one has a gun to your head forcing  you to read what I write.


No comments: