Saturday, January 02, 2010

A Photo A Day Keeps The..............

So it's no secret that I love photography. In fact, photography was one of my first hobbies, along with painting and drawing. Far before I was ever a scrapbooker, I was a photographer. It's kind of a natural progression I think. Over the past few years, I've noticed that my "just take a picture cuz you love it" pictures were becoming few and far between. I've been more of an event photographer, which while I enjoy, was making me a little sad.


This year, I've decided to jump on board the "Photo a Day" band wagon. I don't want it to become a chore, or something I dread.. but I want to really use this to hone in on my photography skills a bit, and document more of "everyday" a little bit better. Yes, in the end I'll create a scrapbook using these photos, but that isn't the goal. I've set up a Shuttercal account here to share my photos and to keep me accountable. I don't want to clutter up my blog with photos, so I thought this was the perfect solution.

The photo with today's post, which is FINALLY my 800th, how pathetic is that(?!), is a shot of the fence alongside our driveway after we shoveled the first 6.5 inches of snow from this weekends storm. Enjoy.

No comments: