You can go through past February postings and discover how I feel about February so I'll spare you the ranty blah blah blah. As much as I hate February, I'm going to try and make the most of it this year. So far this week has been pretty suck-tastic, so I don't know how well I'll do on that front. BUT.. here's 5 things that don't suck. (this might be a new blog feature when things are seeming suck-tastic (I think I like that.. suck-tastic.. has a nice ring).
1. My niece turned One. I missed her birthday party due to feeling crappy and Ms. Thang not being well.. which while not on my list of things that don't suck... but for her birthday I am knitting her a Cupcake Tea Party set. It wasn't going to be finished for her birthday party, I am woman enough to admit that, and I have been a huge slacker this week and haven't worked on it at all..but it's damn cute if I do say so.
2. Project 365. I am currently undertaking a "photo a day" project for this year. Sometimes it's hard to come up with an original, clever shot.. especially in the dead of a rotten winter, but I've gotten a few really awesome shots if I do say so myself. The photo that goes along with this post was from the weekend. The sun was out for a change.. some rain and one warm day last week melted enough snow that the moss was showing through, and I just love how it all came together. Hopefully I won't get burnt out halfway through April. Tomorrow's photo is going to be of Mr. Man and his freshly shaved head. That was a little shocking when he walked through the door tonight.
3. My friend Char has been going through a rotten ass time and the universe has been kicking her around, but she got some awesome news today, and really.. this is things 1-5 of things that don't suck in my opinion.
4. We Are The World. Can you believe they remade this song?? I remember when the first We are the World came out. It was 1985 and I was 11. Now it's 2010 and I'm almost 36. I haven't heard that song in years, yet when it came on the news the other day I busted out singing and didn't miss a note or mess it up. Funny how stuff stores in your brain isn't it? Must be all that Rock-Band playing that is bringing out my inner singer.
5. DHC. I got some free samples of this stuff in the mail. Not being a make-up wearer, nor having problem skin, other than the BONE dryness of my forehead.. I was about to toss it when I thought, hey, what the heck. So I used the deep cleansing oil (touted to remove grime and makeup) and the nighttime moisturizer. People.. I think my ancestors may have been onto something with this olive oil stuff. Enough that I'm thinking of an order.. and my Christmas money is still sitting unspent while I wait to decide what to spend it on.