Thursday, February 11, 2010

If I had a Million Dollars

So if you came here looking for hearts or pink or red anything.. move along. I hate Valentine's day and will not be blogging about it. HOWEVER, in the spirit of Tax Season ™, I give you the top 5 things I would buy if I had a million dollars. Of course, this is assuming it was "extra" money and I could spend it recklessly.

1. Ford Escape Hybrid: Kiwi Green Metallic. I always said I'd never own a Ford.. but you know what.. it's American made, and I love the color. Frivolous spending, remember? Besides, I need my own pair of wheels.

 2. An Old Town Kayak. I would LOVE my own kayak. Of course, I need the wheels to transport it, so they kind of go hand in hand. Don't ask me which kind , cuz I have no idea. I would want a green one, but I hear that boats have a hard time seeing green kayaks in the water. I doubt the places I go would cause this kind of problem.. but I dunno.

3. This Trek bike. I used to covet a different model.. but they've changed it so much in recent years, that I no longer want that model. But I love this one. That it's olive green is a huge bonus, but I mostly wouldn't care about the color that's how much I love this bike. Of course I'd need a rack to mount it onto the back of my Escape... and a basket for the front. Doesn't this bike just cry out for a basket?? I think this one from Peterboro Basket Co., which is just a few towns over.

4. A lake house, somewhere close by so that I could spend summers there, and The Boy could still work. I did a search and found this one, this one and this one. (man the views and windows in that last one.. but that's not local). I am picky.. I want my house on the water.. a fireplace, lots of windows, room for a garden (can't be a wooded lot) and I don't want my neighbors in my backyard.

5. A vacation. To the Mediterranean. For a month, at least. I want to go to Greece and Italy and Turkey and places I don't even know about yet. I want to bask in the sun, soak up the local history and culture and just get away from it all.


1 comment:

Monique said...

I love your list. Love how you gave us links. Loved the prices of those properties. ;)