Thursday, November 08, 2012

The First Snow

It's snowing out this morning. Through the window, I can barely make out the snow falling through the maple tree and the bush right outside my window, because even at 6:11am, it is still dark out. Yesterday was the last day we will have 10 hours of daylight until February, and we are headed into my difficult time of the year. The weather guys were all over the place with this storm. First it was only going to be a few inches, even though it was a Nor'Easter, then it was going to be 3 or 4, and then yesterday afternoon, they were talking about 6-8. After all the snow, we are supposed to get a period of freezing rain, and then the sun is going to come out and all will be right in the world again. Right now, we have a coating, maybe an inch if that, and I feel like we got cheated out of our first snow, which all the kids at school were looking forward to.

As much as I feel it's too early for a snow day, especially in November when we have so many days off of school already, I was secretly hoping for one. Or at least a 2 hour delay. You see, tomorrow morning at 5am sharp, the boys and I are packing back into the van to head out for another college visit. This time we are driving out to NY, to visit Rochester Institute of Technology tomorrow afternoon, then we are driving 4 hours north to spend the night so that on Saturday we can attend an open house at Clarkson University. R.I.T is Corey's #4 School, and Clarkson is actively pursuing him for their honors program, to the point that they have offered him a merit scholarship in a rather large sum of money to go there, and they are #3 on the list.

To say that I am not ready to leave on this trip is an understatement. I have so much to do today after school, on top of a doctors appointment at 4:15, that my head is spinning just a bit. This weekend, with these days off, was the carrot that got me through the first many weeks of school after working all summer long without a break at the end and only a few days off at the beginning. Saturday, I was supposed to be taking a ride down to WEBS to see Franklin speak with my dear friend Jan, but it's all good. This is important, and I am sure we will have a lovely time. The weather is certainly scheduled to be a lot better than our last trip!

5 comments:

Dragon said...

SNOW!!!!

Anonymous said...

Snow! I like snow!

kimberlym said...

Hi I was skimming through this because of your ravelry post wondering if people could comment but I saw that you went to visit RIT and Clarkson to visit. My son attends RIT, and Clarkson was on his list as well.He is actually taking his first final right now. What did your son think of the schools?

onescrappychick said...

He liked them both! We visited Carnegie Melon a few weeks prior, which he really LOVED, and he liked Clarkson a little bit more than he liked RIT, but he's going to apply to all of them, along with MIT.

ktb38 said...

OMG SNOWSNOWSNOWSNOWSNOW!!!!!!