Monday, July 29, 2013

As We Reach the End of July

I have always thought of July as the month that defines summer. We spend most of June in school, and August is spent getting ready to go back to school and finds us back before the month is over. July though, July is a whole glorious month free of school from start to finish. 31 entire days to relish in all there is to love about summer.

This July has been particularly fantastic, in my opinion. The weather has been hot and summer-like, as opposed to the cool rainy weather we have had in some years past. The sun has shone more days that it has not and it has been like a healing balm for my burdened soul. There has been a lot of complaining about the heat and the humidity, but not once did any such words come from my mouth. We have such a long, miserable cold season, that I truly relish an honest to goodness summer.

This year I have had the privilege of being able to be home and not work at the Blueberry Farm as I have in summers past. It came about due to a job I applied for back during the last week of June, which I just finally interviewed for last week. They are deciding about it after the last interviews are finished tomorrow and I'll know come Wednesday. It's a year round job in our district, and I would be starting 3 weeks from today. The process ended up taking a lot longer than was originally expected, which was how I came to not be working this summer. It was decided that I probably needed some time off anyhow, and it would be nice to spend some time with Corey before he heads off to college later on next month, so here I am. I have a little bit of guilt about where the money could be going to instead, but I'm really enjoying the break.

I have been reading, working in my gardens, writing, napping in our new hammock, working on my scrapbooks, knitting for tiny babies that are due in the fall, and enjoying my children. I have been running and taking walks after dinner and we went camping one weekend and to the beach early in the month and had a sweet 16 party for Ms. Thang and her friend who's birthdays are one day apart. I am trying to get back to a place where I feel better about life and my relationship and me. It's a slow process and I'm taking one day at a time. Some days are better than others. Most of the month I haven't been sleeping very well, and some stuff has come up in the last week and a half that has turned my world upside down, but I'm getting through it, and know that in the end all things work together for the good of those who are called according to His purpose. I have to keep reminding myself of that, it's HIS purpose, not what I want, or where I want to be. One day at a time, one foot in front of the other. I plan to make the most of the next 3 weeks, no matter where I might be going when I get to the end of them.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi....I happened across your blog and was reading some back posts and was wondering if you've ever heard of the book "The Respect Dare" by Nina Roesenor. I walked through some dark days in my marriage, and that book was the beginning of some good things. It's not magic or anything, but really good!! Hope you don't mind me suggesting it.

onescrappychick said...

I certainly do not mind, and I will look into it. Thanks for the suggestion. :)