Friday, August 08, 2008

Let Them Eat... Cupcakes!

So in a nod to our new "wellness program" at school, which started last year so it isn't so new, I decided this year I'm going to make cupcakes for all my co-workers on their birthdays. I found a cute little pattern on Ravelry, and decided to give it a test run yesterday. I used regular worsted white yarn for the bottom, and some leftover organic cotton yarn for the top. The pattern calls for worsted weight yarn, but left it up to the user to decide on what to do, so I like how the combo worked out. I sewed some beads on for sprinkles and stuffed it full with fiberfill. The sewing up part was a little fiddly, and took the longest amount of time.


I'm going to give this one to Ms. Thang. She comes home from camp tomorrow and I can't wait! Her birthday felt rushed a bit this year.. cuz of having to leave right after for camp, and next year camp starts the day AFTER her birthday so I'm going to need to figure out something different. Next year is the last family party and .. well.. you know how I feel about that. The pink is off in my photos because it was about to pour (seriously people, summer never quite came to NH this year, but my grass is doing lovely, as are the crops of mushrooms everywhere) and the light was bad. Oh, and these are crocheted, not knit. In case you were wondering. (I know you were, and Abby, you so could make these. Single and Double.. that's it! the pattern is here)

2 comments:

Laurie said...

how cute is that!!???

t said...

So cute, and fat free! You could so sell these on etsy.