Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sleeping Beauties

Back in the fall, when we were furniture shopping, I feel in love with this chaise. I can sit in it, with my laptop, and my lower back doesn't hurt, unlike when I sit in the other chair or on the couch. The only bad thing about it, is the lack of quality lighting over in this part of the family room. In fact, most of the family room has crappy lighting, but there is no light over here. Late at night, when I'm tired or the day has been too long, I can't knit, or read, or do productive things from my chair, because it's too dark. So most nights, I Ravel, or hang out on Facebook and chat. Mostly it's not a big deal, as it's late, but sometimes it bugs the heck out of me. But that's not where I was going with this.

 I found this photo on the camera card the other week when I went to take some pictures off. Obviously I didn't take it, so I asked The Boy about it. He said, "I took that last week. It was the night you were upset and didn't talk to me." I was saddened by the fact that I knew exactly when he was talking about. It was late March.. right after we got back from the Cape. I was physically and emotionally exhausted, and fell asleep with my favorite blanket on the chair. Sophie must've sensed that I needed some lovin'.... and came and lay across the chair. I couldn't figure out how my hand ended up on her, and asked.. and he said, "You woke up for a minute, saw that she was there, started petting her and fell back asleep." He snapped the photo because he thought it was cute. He looks at that and sees me sleeping with the cat, all cute and snuggly. I look at that photo and remember how sad and hurt I was then. I look at that photo, taken in late March, and try to think about what has changed since then.. and come up with nothing. Yesterday, it all came out into the open again. This time however, I think it clicked. This time, I think he finally heard what I have been trying to tell him. This time, I hope that things will be able to move forward, and slowly get better. I hope to be able to look at this picture someday and not see the hurt and sadness, and just see how damn cute the cat is, curled up with me on the chair.

1 comment:

Sgt said...

Well, I could only think of double entendre style wise cracks. But really, would anyone expect any less?

Glad to hear your issues are starting to work out.