Thursday, August 27, 2009

.... And So Does He

Because the High School and Middle School kids are all in the same building... the High School kids all get one extra day of summer vacation. They let the younger kids have a day back to get their lockers, find their classes and be in the halls without the booming population of large and noisy H.S'ers.

Today, I sent my 14.5 yr old son off to his first day of High School. It's so weird to think that he's old enough to be in High School, or that I'm old enough to have a child there. I'm not ready for these next 4 years to fly by, and I remember that once you get to H.S... that's what happens.

He has so much potential.. and he's very intelligent and funny. He is realizing that he might actually have to start studying this year (or maybe he won't).. and if he applies himself he could score himself a 4 yr paid scholarship to anywhere he wants to go. Somehow sending him off was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. I think I'm ready.

1 comment:

L J said...

Hello!

I found your blog while I was searching for information on a vintage spinning wheel that I just purchased. Made by Frederic Bordua of St. Hyacinthe Que. The photo of yours is remarkably similar to mine there are only a few minor differences. Did you find the footman easy to replace? Also, do you know how to remove the bobbin from the drive shaft? The flyer on my wheel was removed, (I have it) but I am unsure how to remove the drive wheels and the bobbin in order to replace it.
Sorry to Hijack your comments section this way, but I didn't see an email address for you.
Thank you for any info you are able to provide.
Lana
ickyfishy at comcast dot net