Saturday, September 11, 2010

On This Day.....

The nicest thing about getting up early, before everyone else in the house, is the quiet and solitude that comes with the awakening of the day. Some days I go off and run, and don't get to enjoy it fully, but other days it's the recharge I need to get through my day.

This morning I went back and read all the blog posts I've written about this day (9/11) since 2006. In 2006 when I started my blog, I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to use it for yet, and there is a lot of ridiculous rambling.  The other posts however, from 2007, 2008 and 2009, all brought tears to my eyes. I don't know what I could write today, that could top what I said then, so if you want to know my thoughts and feelings, please go back and read those posts.

The emotions I feel on this day, never fail to amaze me. September 11th is never far from my mind, but it's not constantly in it anymore like it used to be. However, when I stop and spend time to reflect upon it, or think back on that day or the days right after, I am still overcome with emotion. I often wonder if that is what Veteran's of war go through, or survivors of horrific events.

This year, there is a lot of hate revolving around this day. People who are upset about a Mosque that is going to be built. A wack-job preacher who is planning a Koran burning party. That these things can be going on, trying yet again to divide our people.. breaks my heart. There is already so much hate and sadness tied into today's memory.... it would be better if instead we could come together and start to heal.

No comments: