Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Reverb Wrap-Up

So, as you can see, I dropped the ball on the last three days of the month. It's not that I didn't want to come blog about the prompts, it's just that when I got them in my mailbox, I wasn't sure what I wanted to write about. I'm still not sure, so I'm going to answer all 3 in this post.

December 29: Defining Moment. Describe a defining moment or series of events that has effected your life this year. Author: Kathryn Fitzmaurice.

See, here's the thing. My life isn't that thrilling. I didn't have a defining moment in 2010. Now I don't think I'll be able to say the same about 2011, but 2010 was pretty boring in the grand scheme of things. Nothing huge happened really. I mean, don't get me wrong, my beautiful new niece was born, I started to heal the relationship with my mother, I worked all summer.. but nothing super major. Kind of a nice change.

December 30: Gift. This month, gifts and gift giving can seem inescapable. What's the most memorable gift, tangible or emotional, you received this year? Author: Holly Root.

The best gift I got this year, came during the month of December, when I began to get myself back. I didn't even realize that I had been missing this whole time, but somehow during early December, while The Boy™ was away for a long weekend, I realized that I had lost myself and began the slow journey to find myself again. What a gift indeed.

December 31: Core Story. What central story is at the core of you, and how do you share it with the world? Author: Molly O'Neil. 

This is my story. I come here and share it all the time. Granted, there are parts of my story that I haven't shared, and may never. but for the most part it's all here. Front and Center for whoever wants to read it. I have shared parts of my story at school, I have shared parts of my story with my children, I have shared almost ALL of my story with my husband, and I have shared my story with my youth group back when I was a teen. I continue to share my story now, when the occasion arises, and it's getting a little easier to put myself out there for all to see, and judge. I share my story in the pages of the scrapbooks I create for our family.. but that's not my story, that's OUR story. Even better.

No comments: