Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Reach For The Stars

December 28: Achieve. What's the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you'll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today. (author: Tara Sophia Mohr)

My word for last year was balance. I have picked a new word for next year, but what I really want most from 2011, is balance. I haven't reached that point yet where I feel like everything in my life is on an even keel. I may  never get there, and I realize that, but I think I can do better. There are definitely areas of my life that need work. I would like to get to the end of the year and not feel like things are crazy and stressful and out of control. I like to imagine that when I get to that point, that I'll feel content. Peaceful. Like things are OK, and everything's how it should be.

I read the reason behind this prompt here, and understand the thinking behind it, but I'm having a hard time coming up with 10 things I can think, or do to feel that way now. Maybe it's because life is about to get crazy again when school starts back up on Monday. That even though I am striving for balance, and more stability in life, I know deep down that these next 4.5 years, while I still have kids in High School, aren't going to be anything less then crazy. Maybe what my word for next year should be instead of what I've chosen is acceptance. I'll have to think about this.

No comments: