Friday, October 28, 2011

End of the Month Wrap Up

last night, in the middle of the storm
I'm still coming to terms with the fact that my calendar is telling me October is almost over. I still have leaves on the ground, my fall cleaning has barely been started, and their is snow on the ground. Right after I typed my last post I came down with an awful respiratory infection that knocked me out of commission for a solid week. It was two weeks before I got my energy back and could function like myself again. Then, right after I was finally feeling better, I had surgery to  remove a tumor from my uterus  at the end of last week. I got the news yesterday that it wasn't cancerous and there were no cancerous cells detected in the lining, so praise God for that. They burnt the lining out after removing the tumor and doing the biopsy, so hopefully this will be the end of any future concerns. In between all of that, I've had visits to the doctor about a damaged nerve in my elbow, and I've gone for an MRI of my head/brain to see if there might not be something else going on that is causing my daily headaches and contributing to my migraine disorder. In a nutshell, I am a mess. 2011 will be forever known as the year I fell apart, and I can't wait for 2012 to get here so I can put myself back together.

On a positive note, I'm continuing to feel better and better after having given up gluten at the tail end of the summer. It was hard and awful at first, but I'm learning how to eat in a way that is healing to my body and finding ways to bake using ingredients that aren't harmful and while every once in a while I find myself having a little pity party, the benefits far outweigh the sorrow and I quickly move past it. I wish that we had figured it out back during the winter when we started the elimination diet and hadn't been so quick to determine that it wasn't the issue. It would've saved so much trouble in the meantime. But, live and learn.

Marching season has ended, rehearsals for the Holiday show have started and school is going well. I've started my holiday shopping, we are saving to chaperone the band's trip to Disney in March and my family is in a good place right now. I have much to be thankful for. November is coming and I plan to spend the month really focusing on my blessings. It's time to turn this ship around. 

No comments: