Thursday, December 29, 2011

One Little Word

2011 will be forever remembered in my mind, as the year that I fell apart. The year started out amazingly, and I had really strong hopes that it was going to be THE year after a string of rather craptastic years,and I can't tell you how excited I was for it.  Then, in late February, things started to fall apart, and it was one worse than the next until I got to a point when I honestly wondered if I would reach a breaking point. If you've  never had to look life in the face and wonder just how much more you were capable of taking before you couldn't take One.More.Thing., then consider yourself very lucky. It's not a fun place to be, and I can only tell you that in my life I've been through some pretty wretched things, and this year really takes the cake. I consider it a huge accomplishment that I've made it to here, this last week of the year, mostly in one piece.

My overall well being has taken a huge beating this year due to the enormous stress of it all, and 2012 is going to be forever known as the year that I put myself back together. I have spent a lot of time these past few days thinking about what my word for 2012 should be. I want a word that encompasses healing and starting over and making whole. I toyed with refresh and renew, and the the word I keep coming back to is REVIVE. Revive, is a verb that means to start again; bring back to life. Some of the synonyms of revive are:  awake, bounce back, breathe new life into, brighten, come around, come to life, energize, enliven, exhilarate, gladden, invigorate, make whole, refresh, rejuvenate, rekindle, renew, restore, revitalize,  and strengthen. All of the things that I want for myself this year. All things that so many areas of my life need. The things is, I already used this word back in 2009. I've given it a lot of thought, and I've decided that I don't care. It's my word, and I'm going to use it again. Besides, I don't think I did a good job of working it into my life in 2009. I started out good with it, and even made a cool project to go with it that you can see here, but that was about where it ended. I have far bigger plans for this word in 2012.


 

1 comment:

Larena said...

thank You for these 2 posts I could almost take your blog & post it at mine (inserting my own photos) and you mayhave inspired me to do a similar blog. I hope 2012 is soooo much better happier and easier to live though !
Blessings!