Friday, October 28, 2011
|last night, in the middle of the storm|
Thursday, October 13, 2011
|photo from 2010|
I love spring, with all it's new growth, flowers, and the return of migratory birds. I like to feel the warmth of the sun on my face, and watch the grass green up and the leaves burst out of the buds on the trees.
I love summer, with it's glorious produce, long lazy days, and beautiful weather. I can't tell you how summer rejuvenates my soul. Sitting in the sun, or on the porch, or at the lake and just enjoying it all is one of my favorite past-times when I'm not busy working. I love swimming and camping and hiking and the farmer's market and a million other things about summer.
Tuesday, October 04, 2011
He brought her home in his lunch box on afternoon in mid-August several year ago. Ms. Thang and I were in the family room watching Harry Potter (every summer we try to have a marathon and watch them all but it never happens) and she was on the couch and I was in my favorite chair knitting. He walked in the door, early from work, and I knew something was up. He walked over to my chair, so excited for the gift he had in his lunchbox and out she popped.
Monday, October 03, 2011
116. A flock of geese flying south for the winter in the early morning light.
117.A half hour of extra sleep, snuggled next to the man I love.
118. Everyone hunkered down in their favorite "family room" spot.
119. A hand held during a trip to the grocery store.
120. Warm, hearty soup after hours spent out in the dreary rain.
122. The way the light has changed in the morning, promising cooler days.