Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Still Broken

I'm falling apart... I'm barely breathing................"
Dudes. This song has become my theme song for this year.I have blocked out what last year's theme song was, but I suspect it was "I just can't seem to get it right today". I'm being pulled in eleventy billion directions, I have too much on my plate, and I've had a headache since last Thursday. If I said I didn't think it was stress related, I'd be a dirty rotten liar.I feel like this poor bird that was outside my window Saturday, all puffed up to stay warmer in the rain. Meghan tagged me to do a blog meemee and I'm not feeling up to the task, so because I feel so horrible and defeated right now, I'm going to give you:

10 things I rock at. In no particular order




1. Cleaning. I blame my mother for this, as she blames her mother, just as I'm sure my daughter will NOT blame me. It's ok though. I find cleaning to be very therapeutic. As it's been 14 days shy of 7 years since I quit smoking, anything that gets the stress and frustration out is a good thing. Besides, it's cheaper than therapy and beer.

2. Wii bowling. Seriously, I can't bowl 10-pin to save my life. The balls are heavy and my back is bad, and I have a hip-fusion thing and bowling in an ally is just misery I go to all lengths to avoid. HOWEVER, I rock the Wii bowling. I can't explain it.

3. Putting things in plain English. People spend way to much time fancy-ing up things and making stuff far more complicated than it ever has to be. I have some uncanny knack at taking complicated things and putting them into terms that people can understand. Comes in handy at work, and that's about it.

4. Nagging. My kids will tell you that I'm a world class nagger. I like to tell them it's because they are world class avoiders, and it's their fault I have to nag over and over and over about the same dumb crap. You'd think they'd like to only hear shit once, and get it over with. But alas, this isn't the case. I think they like my voice so much, they need to hear it on a constant basis.

5. Bitching. Yo, everyone needs something they excel at, and my "thing" is bitching. The great thing about this, is that life gives you crap to bitch about EVERY SINGLE DAY. I hate when I have to bitch about the same things over and over... but that's a post for another day.

6. Being a Friend. The thing is, my friends are all in hard spots right now. One is moving away (only an hour, but damn I'll miss her like hell), one is battling cancer, one is separated from his wife, a whole crap load more just found out today that because the voters in our school district suck.. no contracts again and oh, surprise the budget failed for the 7th year in a row. We haven't had a "girls night out" since October, and I think we are looooooooooooong overdue.

7. Playing the Steel Drums. My group is recording a new CD on Saturday. So exciting. I never dreamed in a million years I'd be able to play 6 barrel drums and be good at it... but really.. I rock those drums... and no I'm not tooting my own horn. OK, maybe I am. But really.. I am good.

8. (this is getting hard) The boy reports that I'm really good at keeping him out of trouble. I don't know how true this is, but he is prone to trouble.. but over the years this trait is slowly but surely subsiding. Don't let him fool you however, he still gets in plenty of trouble, all on his own.

9. Being a smartass. (grins) I can't help it. Actually.. it should read "wise ass". It's part of my blood, or something like that, but it just flows out.. like the sarcasm and witty humor. I haven't decided yet if this is a good thing, or a bad thing. It is what it is. Just like I am who I am.

10. Persevering. I'm not a quitter. No matter how much it sucks, no matter how hard it gets, no matter how miserable I am.... I stick it out. Every. Single. Time.


1 comment:

Meghan said...

Beth, I love how you handled the tag!
You so rock!