Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Tuesday Musings

So my weekend didn't go exactly as I had hoped. A major catastrophy befell the servers at school (in The Boy's office even, at the district level) and he spent all weekend working. I did go and hike Gap Mtn, which is 3 miles round trip, so that covered my "hike" and "run" requirements I think. I started a sleeve for my sweater, got 3/4 of the way done and realized when I started the cap decreases I started with the wrong part of the lace pattern, and now I need to re-do it. That's depressing. I didn't get to Kimball's. I did weed 90% of that back garden, and got my herbs transplanted and new herbs put in, so that is a good feeling, and I did spring clean my craft room. All in all, not a bad weekend, just not what I had in mind. The hike was lovely, and I went with a friend so that was nice too.


The weather has been unseasonably awesome, and I'm sad to see that it's forecast to come to an end next week. Actually, Friday will be last "warm" day, and by warm I mean it will be in the 70's. It was in the upper 80's this weekend and it's been a nice treat. This weekend and next week it will be back in the 50's and 60's, which is fine for spring, but I'm really ready for it to be in the 70's and warmer. At the same time, it's causing me to have an awful case of spring fever. We have 30 more days of school. I'm totally ready for them to be over. I want to be home, puttering in my garden, and having breakfast on my porch, or going for walks... not cooped up in a hot, old brick schoolhouse. Of course, I also need to find a summer job this year which isn't going well and is causing a lot of stress.

In other news, I got the blog created for my bread project. If you want to follow along, you can find it here. I'll post a reference to it once in a while, or you can click on my profile link and find the blog link in there as well.

No comments: