Friday, April 30, 2010

5 Things I Plan To Do This Weekend

Wednesday it snowed, and yesterday we had gale force winds that blew all my yard furniture over, took down branches and knocked out the power. Tomorrow it's going to be sunny and 80 degrees. Welcome to spring in NH. In honor of the good weather, I give you..

5 Things I Plan To Do This Weekend:




1. Finish weeding the garden I created by the back fence. After that is doneI plan to dig out a shrub that we transplanted during the fence rebuild that didn't survive and put in a blueberry bush, and move my herbs back there. The garden stand sells both herbs and blueberry bushes and I have to drive by there on my way to do errands. Score.

2. Go for a 3 mile run. We aren't going to talk about the sadness of my running the past few months. May is my birthday month, and I plan to just pick up where I left off and move on with my life. No sense crying over missed runs. Besides, I want to run a half marathon at the end of September.. time to get training.

3. Spend time outside. I want to go for a hike. I want to sit in my chaise that The Boy got me for Mother's Day last year. I want to have dinner on the grill and eat at my outside table. I'm ready for the warm weather to be here. My body is craving the sunshine.

4. Go to Kimball's and have icecream. I hear they opened April 14th, and this will be the earliest we've ever gone. I imagine it will be crazy busy, but that's OK. It's soooooooooooooo worth it.

5. Knit 2 sleeves for the sweater I'm knitting. It's a cap sleeved, lace sweater that I've been working on now for over a year (not diligently) and I want to be done by my birthday. All I have left are the sleeves, the button band and the sewing up. I think I'll make it.

No comments: