Sunday, April 10, 2011

To do... or not to do? That is the question..

We have had a beautiful warm, sunny spring weekend here in my neck of the woods. Right now it's raining, but tomorrow is promising to be warmer and sunny again, so I'll take it. We have one more week of school until spring break. The hard part about spring, for me, is that there is soo much stuff to do, and so many things I want to do, and not enough time to do them all. I need to spring clean my house (which this year as much as I want to do it, I've been procrastinating on actually starting). I need to clean up my yard. I need to paint The Boy's™ radio room. I need to stain my bench. I have craft projects I want to do. I have gardening that needs to be planned and be done. Yet, today, I mostly spent the day in the kitchen, cooking. I also spent some time crafting, did all the laundry, went to church, and wasted time on the computer. Could I have done more? Yes. Did I want to? Yes. Did I actually do it... well, that's where I'm having a hard time right now. Mostly it's a motivational problem, that I know will work itself out soon enough, it's just frustrating me to no end. Add that to the food issues I'm still having, and other stressful life issues, and it's all just a little overwhelming. As a manner of speaking, I think sometimes the doing nothing, or wasting time on the computer, or working on stuff in my craft room instead of cleaning is a method of self preservation. My sub-conscious knows that in order to deal with all the rest of it, I need some quiet down time. It's just not working with my "must do it all now" type A personality. Working in the confines of my One Little Word for this year, I'm trying to just accept that right now, it is what it is, and I just need to go with it until it gets to a place where things can get on an even keel again. It's hard, but I'm trying. I guess if I look at it that way, today was a pretty good day.

No comments: