Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Day to Remember

The calendar in the kitchen still says December 2012. Every single instance in the past 21 days that I have had to plan something, or look to see what time an event was going to happen, and have glanced at that calendar out of habit only to read December, I have felt a surge of frustration. For almost 10 years now I have bought Lang calendars for my kitchen. I like the quality of the paper they are made of, the size of the boxes they have to write in, and I like the selection of calendars to choose from. On top of that, they offer these lovely wooden frames that you can put your calendars in, which The Boy™ gifted me with years and years ago. Every year during the month of December, I would head out to either Borders, Hallmark or one other local store that carried them and make my selection. In the past 2 years, that local shop has moved away, Borders has closed, and Hallmark had a lousy selection of Lang Calendars to choose from. Last year I bought a different kind of calendar that still fit in my frame at our local bookstore. This year, I waited too long, and all the good calendars were gone.

So earlier this month, I went online to calendars.com and ordered a new 2013 calendar. It's a Lang, in a nice style that I have had before, and I figured it would be here in about a week. In the meantime, I have been using the whiteboard calendar that I keep above the table I use as a desk in the room that used to be the kids playroom and someday will be our office. It's kind of an office now, but it's also doubling as a storage space for the radio room stuff until we get that room finished. It's also in major need of a makeover. Anyhow, I keep a whiteboard calendar in there, to keep track of the kids multitude of activities, so that I can keep them off the regular calendar. This lets me put meetings and birthdays and events and other things on the main calendar, and just have kids events, which there are always a ton of,  at a glance in one space. It works out smashingly, and was one of the best ideas that I ever had. Right now it's keeping track of everything, except birthdays and it's giving me a twitch. In the meantime, my poor calendar is coming via DHL, and as it would appear, is stopping at Every. Single. Post. Office. Between. Here. And. Texas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh we always forget to buy calenders and then can never find a good one!here's hoping it comes soon xxx