Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday Eye Candy - The Veggie Edition

I am feeling MUCH better today, thanks for wondering. School is over and my stuff has all been put away for the summer. We have some major construction going on over the summer at our building, so we brought home or packed up just about the whole building. It's been a crazy week and I'm glad it's over.

This is my vegetable garden 10 days ago on June 10th. I planted it over Memorial Day weekend, and it gets about 6 hours of sun a day. I learned my lesson last year and planted much fewer plants and gave them lots more space.


Each one of those boxes is 4 feet by 4 feet. This is my garden as seen today about 3:20pm, in between pouring rain showers. I can't get over how much it has grown in just 10 short days. In the left box I have 6 green pepper plants in the back, 1 zucchini and some snap peas growing up the bamboo supports. In the right box, I have 6 cucumber plants, 4 tomato plants, and radishes growing around the cuke in the front. The radishes were supposed to go around the zucchini, but I was tired the day I planted and such is life. I also put in green onion seed, but those don't seem to be doing so well. I have had to transplant out sunflowers that dropped down from the bird feeder. Those didn't survive and I'm sad.. but there's no room in the garden for sunflowers. That statue of St. Francis was a Mother's Day present from The Boy, and it's also a bird feeder and I just love it.

Happy First Day of Summer.

2 comments:

Carly said...

it looks great!!!!!

ktb38 said...

Your garden looks great!