Wednesday, June 18, 2008

When It Rains...

I could post here about how craptastic my week has been thus far, but really... I'd just be bitching the whole time, and ya'll are tired of my being bitchy aren't you? I know I am. Let's just say that the car dudes, the water department , the oil people (though really, they are just doing the best they can) and the world in general are on my "list" and I'll never been so glad as when Monday of next week gets here (busy as hell between now and then).

What I will tell you instead, is what I am grateful for. Right at this moment.

1. 2 more days of school and then summer vacation starts. I am So. Damn. Ready.



2. Sunday we are celebrating my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary, and I'm just glad my grandma is still here. She's not in the best shape, and I'm sad thinking about her not being around anymore.

3. The Boy, for trying to hard to get my kitchen water fixed after the idiots broke our water pipe and fucked up our water. Turns out that forcing sand and crap through the faucet was more than it could handle and now, after a short year, we need a new one. (sigh) He has the patience of Job and spent all night trying to make things better. Cuz he loves me.

4. Today is over. The consult with the Doctor turned out to be a discussion and a biopsy rolled into one visit. If you've never had to have a uterine biopsy, consider yourself blessed. It sucked. I won't even sugar coat it. I go through some pretty heavy duty pain/issues each month, and this was just a hair worse (and over fast too, score one for them). I wasn't expecting it, which was probably for the best, so I didn't stress about it to much. I'm still in some pain but not as miserable and uncomfortable as this morning, and I can't wait to get to bed. They will have the results no earlier than next Friday, and my Dr. won't be back to discuss them with me until July 7th. We'll see how it goes.

5. My best friend, who called tonight when I know he was probably on his way to bed, tired after a long day and having gotten up hours before me.... just to see how I was and how things went.. and then listened to me bitch about my awful, horrible week. I don't deserve him.

No comments: