Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Hot Summer Streets

Whoah baby.... is it hot out there today. The heat index is 95, which pales in comparison to that REALLY HOT week we had before school got over, but it's still toasty! One of those days where the air quality is bad, and they've issued warnings and blah blah blah. I still managed to get in a 2 mile walk early this morning, and I'm doing things that maybe only crazy people do when it's hot.. but I'm not at that "too hot to move" stage yet. The sky is clouding up and I'd bet my money on some thunder storms later. I love summer thunder storms. The kids are off swimming, the gardens are looking a little wilty, and the dog is moping around drooling all over the floor. (sigh). I finished a book earlier and may even work on some knitting later. If it's too hot for yarn I'll probably take a book outside and sit under the trees at the table with a cold drink. I love summer vacation.

p.s. I cut those daisies from my garden. Aren't they gorgeous?

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Can I just say how jealous I am that you have daisies in your garden?
Girl, I need to move close to you so I can snip some & use inside my humble abode!

@wesome@bby said...

I saw some sunflowers today that made me really happy.