Monday, July 07, 2008

In Which We Find Some Knitting

I'm currently involved in a Knit-a-long for the Knit and Tonic Dream Swatch Head Wrap. (pdf, be warned!) I won this lovely yarn that is a mix of merino wool and silk. It's fingering weight, but I didn't feel like starting socks (my last pair isn't finished yet)... and I was dying to knit it NOW, so here we are. Besides, I wear my hair up a lot, especially at school. Nothing worse than your hair hanging in your face while you try to work. This yarn and pattern were a perfect marriage. The yarn brings out the long stitches beautifully, and the pattern allows long runs of each color instead of the smaller stripes socks would show.


Because I won it in a Harry Potter swap, it was dyed in Hogwarts house colors. Grey and green for Slytherin, yellow and black for Hufflepuff, blue and bronze for Ravenclaw and gold and deep red for Gryffindor. I have made more progress than this photo shows, but not a whole lot more. I plan to have it done by the end of this week. I know for sure that I'll have yarn left over, and I might make a coffee cup cozy and a pair of baby socks. We'll see. In other knitting news, my favorite not-local yarn shop has stopped carrying my favorite baby/gift yarn (it's a wool blend that can be washed, great for babies and gifts).. so I've adopted Webs in Massachusetts as my new non-local yarn shop. I think later this summer I'll actually drive out there, so I can stand in awe at the awesomeness that is their shop. Life is good.

1 comment:

@wesome@bby said...

I always am amazed by what you do with yarn, since I am not destined to ever be that talented. LOVE the colors of this, what a neat thing, and you WON it! How cool is that?!?! :)