Thursday, December 31, 2009

End of a Decade

My children, have both lived through their first decade. They are getting a lot of amusement out of that fact today, and I am feeling.. well.. a little old. I was trying to remember back to what I was doing the last time we ended a decade, and then I remembered. I was still shell shocked from our fire that November. I don't remember how we rang in the new year, or the new decade, and quite frankly, I'm ok with that.

This decade has had both it's ups and downs. We bought a house, both got new jobs, welcomed home new pets, new family members through both marriage and birth and said goodbye to loved ones. I am ready for it to be over, quite frankly and look forward to the promise of a brand new one.

I wish you all.. and your families a very safe and happy new years!

No comments: