Friday, August 31, 2007

Would You Like a Side of Crazy With That?!?!

I am interrupting my vacation posts.. with the most absurd story I will EVER be able to share in my whole entire life. Follow me if you will. My house, is next door to the Town Hall, and right behind that is the Police Station/Ambulance Barn. Next to my yard, is an access driveway for the cops/ambulance to use to get in so they don't crash into people coming out. On that same side of the house, is my bedroom. It occupies the entire half of the top floor, the long way. It used to be 2 rooms, and someone took out a wall once. In the front corner, is our bed. It sits in the corner, and there are windows on both sides. Ok, now that you know that....

Around 12:30 am we were rudely awoken out of our slumber my the weirdest noise. It sounded to me like a tank, but my half asleep brain knew that it couldn't be. It's not unusual for loud trucks/things to wake us up, usually I identify the noise, and go right back to sleep. This noise got louder, and louder.. then there was an awful loud slam as he dropped the bucket back to the ground. The Boy looked out the window, and leaped out of bed and called 911. Turns out, some idiot was about to drive a BULLDOZER into our Police Station. No, I'm serious. You can read about it here. People, I couldn't make stuff like this up. Play the video.. that's my fence on the side.

I stood there, and watched as he backed up and slammed into the building 3 times. Then it seemed like his dozer got stuck, and the police showed up and took the situation under control. It was all over by 12:45 and they had him on his way to jail. Of course, the cleanup crew/Fire Dept/other local cops stayed ALL night and worked on cleaning up the mess. The whole front of the building where the Police are located is gone. Like a sardine can that was opened and the insides exposed. As witnesses we have talked to the State Police, and I skipped the chance to be on WMUR news this morning. I didn't feel I could offer them anymore than the cops had already told them. It was surreal to watch the whole thing. I knew what I was seeing.. and hearing.. but I couldn't really believe it.

How was your day?

8 comments:

Lissa Ballard said...

Wow! What an experience! If he thought he'd been harassed before wait till he visits his parole officer for a few years!

Carly said...

That is awesome.!

Jodi said...

Wow is all I can say.

Bec said...

I'm sure that is the funniest thing I'll hear all day (I just woke up, so it definitely takes the cake so far). He should've just written "You Stink" on some deodorant and dropped it on their doorstep. It's surprisingly refreshing! LOL

Laura S. said...

I can't believe that!! Wow.

Laura

iht2wrk said...

That is so funny! He must have really felt harrased!

Sgt said...

Crazy. At least it wasn't a tank. The muzzle blast is really hard to sleep through.

t said...

Unbelievable. You think you live in a small town away from the crazy crap and then you get woken up by this!