Saturday, November 13, 2010

To Write Love On Her Arm...

Yesterday, was "To Write Love On Her Arms" day. In order to bring attention to teen suicide, depression and self mutilation that often stems from depression, a not-for-profit group started this movement and has chosen November 12th as the day to draw attention to it. I found out about it from my teenaged daughter, who is more up on these "days" than I am. You can read about TWLOHA by clicking on that link. Last year I attended a day long training from NAMI, which is the National Alliance on Mental Illness, on Suicide Prevention. I am actually qualified to be a "turn to" person in my community due to this. Having been down the dark road of depression more than once in my life, this is a cause that is near and dear to my heart. With help comes hope. If someone you know is in crisis, direct them to the Hope Line. Yesterday, with a permanent marker, I wrote love on my arm. Today, I'm considering if I want to have it there forever.

No comments: