Sunday, July 03, 2011
One Thousand Gifts
23. Sore muscles at the end of the day that mean you worked hard.
24. Birthday cake at midnight, and the end of The Boy's™ birthday, to celebrate him, even if we had to spend his day doing crazy things.
25. Hearing the nest-full of baby birds making a ruckus outside of the window.
26. The willingness of a teenager to help when asked, without eye rolling and huffing.
27. Family and friends gathered in our yard, enjoying good food and each others company.
28. A snuggly cat who greets me in the morning and then tells me a big story about what she did all night.