Wednesday, June 29, 2011

To The Boy on His Birthday

As I type this...we are on a train headed to bring our son to MIT. On your birthday. I would've complained. I would've grumbled about how this was the second time in a week that we had to make this trip, and what a lousy way it was to spend my birthday. You scoped out where to have dinner while we wait for the 4 hour class to get over so we can take him back to your parents house. When I realized I forgot my memory stick for the camera in my laptop, I was thinking about how dumb I was and how I would miss out on photos from today. I was thinking about how I keep on doing this, and it's my own fault that I'm not going to have any photos of our adventures, or his first day of class at college. You informed me we would just buy a new card at North Station. That is the difference between you and I. I stress or worry or get upset. You shrug it off and go with the flow. You don't get upset, or angry often, and nothing much seems to phase you. You are the polar opposite of me. I think this is why our relationship has survived for so many years. You balance my crazy. You make me strive to be a better person. To not get so worked up about things. I love you. Happy birthday.

No comments: