Friday, November 03, 2006

No We're Never Gonna Survive.....

Unless... we get a little... Crazy!

Ya'll. This week, was the mother of all sucky weeks. I don't know if it was the time change, or the sugar highs or the full moon... but... Oh. My. Gawd. I can't begin to tell you how many things about it sucked, so we'll just leave it at that. And thank the gods it's over.

But let's rewind to yesterday. Yesterday was a bad day. The kind of day where at 10:00 am you're thinking about how you could walk home at break and have a quick beer and walk back. The kind of day that you wish would just end but goes on. for. effing. ever. One of those days.


So after school, one of my coworkers and I had plans to gather some bittersweet from the west parking lot. It grows up some trees out there and early in the week was low to the ground and loaded with berries. Perfect we thought.. time to gather. Well, someone else beat us out there it seems. When we arrived, armed with dull, rusty clippers... all the good stuff was way up high.

"I'll go get us a ladder", I said. So off into the maintenance room I go, and come back a few mins. later with a ladder. Not the biggest one they had, or the smallest. Just a ladder. So I, being taller, get to climb up the ladder with the clippers and she holds at the bottom. Rather amusing if you're watching from the outside I presume.

So 5 mins. into this adventure, my friend walks out the door. She lets out a laugh and yells over, "What is this.. an episode of good times gone tragically wrong?" So we have a good laugh, and ask her if she'd like to join us and she's like, no.. that's ok. Gets into her truck, and then backs over to where we are. Yells out and asks if we want to use the bed of her truck. So we say sure and she backs into place. Mutters something about joining in the craziness.

Being the best branches were wayyyyyyyyy up high, I asked if we could put the ladder in the truck, (knowing full well she'd say no, and not like I would ever)... and get the kibosh put on that right away. We were able to harvest some more branches and be on our way. My little bit I took went into a vase (I thought I wanted it on my table, but it ended up on the wood stove) and hers is going to become a wreath.

Sometimes you need a little crazy... so you don't go insane.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

google search