Saturday, November 04, 2006

Saturday... In Wich We Find the End of Soccer

The sky over NH today is rather dark and dreary. Snow has been spitting down at random intervals, and it is cold. 41 degrees at 1pm cold. After a morning of errands, and a rather scary incident when I realized I lost my bank card (left it at the market last week it would seem, and the nice people saved it for me)... I ended up on the soccer field.

Last week we were supposed to end soccer with the championship playoffs, but alas it poured. All. Day. Long. So instead of a mild-ish day, we had a very cold one.


I missed most of the game, due to the bank-card incident, but what I saw rocked! Those kids, who have some serious "get in there and play hard" issues this year, kicked arse! They played their hearts out. The game ended with a tie and went into sudden death overtime. And, of course, like my beloved Bruins, we lost.

And so ended out season of soccer. Our coach has been asked not to come back next year, and I might be secretly glad about that. I don't think my daughter got a whole lot out of soccer this year, but she had fun and in the end isn't that what it's all about? We left, for the warm confines of home, and you know what? Secretly I'm glad we lost. One less hour out in the cold today.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Sometimes getting warm is better than winning.

I'm glad your DD had fun this season!