Friday, March 16, 2007

5 Random Things

1. I have no eye candy. I walked around this afternoon and couldn't find one inspiring thing to take a photo of. The light was bad. The weather was bad (still is). My mood was bad. I still don't have a finished sock to share. I will do better, maybe even next week.

2. My work week, sucked. Does it make me a bad person to be counting down the days until the last day of school? Mostly I don't think so... but sometimes I do. After yet another crappy day today.. I will have to go for NO. Unless we have a snow day, there are 59 more days left until summer vacation. Ever seen a grown woman cry on the job? I came close this week.. real close. And on top of all that... our contract was voted down again for the 2nd year in a row. That means we continue to work with an expired contract, and no raise. (sigh) This doesn't effect The Boy however, so that is good.


3. Mother Nature must've missed the memo that spring starts next week. The other day it was almost 70 degrees out, and now we are in the midst of a miserable Nor'easter.. 10-16 inches of snow expected at my house (there are currently about 10 out there already). Tomorrow is our town meeting, so we'll probably shovel out before we go.. and do errands later in the afternoon. The roads should be better by then. The Boy stopped at the store on his way home yesterday so the corned beef and carrots and taters are all ready to go into the crock pot.

4. My wonderful FIL, who doesn't deserve the IL part IMO as we are closer than I am with my own father... celebrated his 60th birthday today. He recently went for some tests at the hospital that resulted in some scary side effects. Apparently the anesthesia didn't agree with him and his BP crashed and they had to bag him. He was back in the ER the next day having breathing difficulties and it was a scary few days. He's better now and we will go down on Sunday and take him out to dinner to celebrate. Happy Birthday Dad!

5. Do I have a 5? I don't know that I do. Some petty grievences... some whiney things... some not feeling good complaints.. nothing really worth writing about.

No comments: