Thursday, March 29, 2007

Long Day... Week...Year... (fill in choice here)

When your long day is over and you can barley drag your feet...
Back in October or November, the fourth grade was assigned a long term project. Pick a state that isn't NH and learn all that you can about it. Make some maps. Make some charts. Do some projects. Gather information and products and when you are done all of this.. put it together and be ready to present it to the class and then the whole school. Ms. Thang chose Vermont, our neighbor to the west. We have enjoyed learning about Vermont, although I'm sure we barely scratched the surface. Tomorrow is the big day. I am so glad it's almost over. I'll share pics this weekend in between drumming gigs.


When the weight of the world is on your shoulders....
We have 50 more days of school left. It seems like such a short time, but June feels so far away. The snow is mostly gone from the yard.. just a few spots where it was piled high. I am DYING to get out and clean out the gardens and rake and sweep the walk and clean the porch... but it's still chilly outside. It's not the chilly I mind so much as the wind. Today the wind blew so hard that as I walked back to school during my lunchtime walk, I thought I was going to have to turn around because I couldn't push myself against the force of the wind. I wandered through the yard after I filled the bird feeders this afternoon and had a look at the situation.

I know what you need, bring it on home to me.....
The crocus' are getting ready to bloom, which is always so exciting to me. I noticed those mystery flowers are pushing through. Carly tells me they are tulips. They push up every year since we've lived here.. but in 5 springs I saw them flower zero times. Usually we get a late spring snow that crushes down on them and I blame that for a lack of blooming. With any luck this year will be the year I either see a bloom or pull them out. The moss is thriving however. I love the moss. I know it's a sign of poor drainage and a million other things.. but it is so pretty. I love how it fills in around my perennials and surrounds them with a blanket of green. I discovered some red moss today, and some new moss that wasn't there last year. Also it would seem that moss "flowers" in the spring which cracks me up to no end. I'll share more moss photos next week.

No comments: