Monday, June 13, 2011

One Thousand Gifts

1. This shrub, that blooms for 3 or 4 short weeks in June every summer. It came with our house and I love how pretty is, how it smells and that it draws butterflies, bees and hummingbirds. This year is it housing a birdhouse with a nest full of eggs. I have been sad thinking of the short bloom time, but instead I am embracing that we get more than just a single day.

2. Heartfelt "I'm Sorry"'s after a long day of grumbling and unhappiness. 

3. Two brave and wonderful children who are not afraid to ask for help when it's needed.

4. My job, when so many people in our school district have been laid off these past few weeks.

5. Warm sun on a day that was forecast to be cold and miserable.

6. A new co-worker who is graciously sharing gifts of plants from her garden to help mine to grow.

7. Warm, cozy socks and soft fleece pants at the end of a long and tiring  day.

No comments: