Tuesday, June 07, 2011

It's Never Easy at My House

Before: I had to clear all that junk out just to work.
We have a little joke around our house whenever we start a renovation project, that ultimately starts with The Boy™ announcing, "This won't take that long". None of the projects we've ever started, in the almost 10 years we have owned our house have gone as we had planned. They have all taken longer, been more involved, more costly, but in the end, they have far exceeded our expectations for our they would turn out. Take my craft room for example... and as I look through for a "finished" post, it occurs to me that I haven't posted about the finished room. I will get to that later this week.

After: big difference huh?
Now that I have my own, awesome room.. I felt like it was only fair that The Boy™ had an awesome room too. We decided to take over the kids playroom as an office and move their computer, which is the only thing they use the room for anymore, into the batcave, aka The Boys™ office. That room will become a radio room, and the kids computer will live there until they move on to bigger and better things in a few years. It sounded like an easy, quick project when I presented it. Paint the non-paneled walls, put a new indoor/outdoor rug over the current one (there is a reason for that and I'll explain later), replace the light fixture, and Bob's your uncle. I should've had a foreshadowing that it wouldn't be that easy, but I am naive and always think the best.

Me: cold, dirty, and tired.
It started back New Years day when we, and by we, I mean me, climbed into the tiny crawl space (and by tiny, I had enough room to lie flat on the dirt and the bottom of the floor was 6 inches above my head) and installed insulation under the floor. The Boy™ cut it to size out in the barn, and it was a cold, dirty, miserable job. It was worth it however.. as it raised the temperature of the room by a noticeable difference. Ms. Thang took this photo of me as I walked back into the house at the end of that day to take a shower. And so the journey began.

No comments: