Sunday, September 25, 2005

In which we find some random things...


Today I put the yard to rest for the winter. It's always a day that makes me a little sad. I put away the furniture, and the birdbath, the boy took down my tree swing, and I had the kids clean out the sandbox. The stuff was emptied out of the playhouse and I raked out the garden and under the nut tree. I left my bench out there however. I love my bench. The boy made it for me one night when I wasn't home, after hearing me mention that I'd love a bench someday for that corner of the yard. It's one of my most treasured items. So while I was raking the acidic leaves from out under the nut tree..I decided to leave the bench out there a little while longer. And then I thought how cool it would be to have a scarecrow sitting on it. So I made one!

It's my first scarecrow and I think it came out pretty darn good. If it keeps the pigeons out of the yard I might keep it there forever! It's been chilly this weekend. The high today was 57 (so much for 70 those jerks) so we put off apple picking until next weekend. But after the second day of sweaters and crock pot cooking I decided it was time to switch over the clothes and put the storms in the windows. The leaves are starting to change and the days are getting shorter.

I'm finding myself more tired, and can't tell if that is due to the weather or school. I think it might be a little of both. Some days I feel like if I was ever anything but tired I'd dance naked around the yard. Now I bet *THAT* would keep those pigeons away.

No comments: