Monday, September 12, 2005

Some Random Stuff


Here it is, in all it's wooly glory. My first sock. I used the Kroy Sock Pattern that I got for free with my Kroy Sock yarn. It called for US 2 dpn's, and the place I ordered them from sent me US 2.5 dpn's..so it's a bit loose, but not too bad all things considered. I considered frogging, but I was too far gone when I realized the needle size was wrong, so I just kept at it. I figured if they didn't fit me, they'd fit someone else. I think once I wash and dry it it will tighten it up a bit.

I've started it's mate, and predict that this one will go much faster now that I've worked through the scary parts of knitting socks. There is something very rewarding about knitting socks. They are useful, practical, and really one of the first things people knit, out of necessity, not just wanting too. I'm rather proud of myself.

On another side, I have a headache to kill all headaches. It feels like someone has put a vice around my head, and every 20 mins or so a key gets turned that tightens it *just that much more*. Sure made the school day go by.. that. much. slower. And then tonight was open house. I feel like I could sink into a hot bath and stay there for a week. This headache started last week, and I thought it was hormonal, but I'm guessing now that something else might be going on. Stress, lack of chocolate, work.. I don't know. But I'm desperate for it to go away. And some itty bitty part of my brain seems to think it's not going to happen anytime soon.

I missed the Friday five. Friday's are by far my worst day during the school year. By Friday my brain is mush and my name is about the only thing I am 100% sure of. Thankfully the boy takes over the cooking duties, or I might accidentally burn down the house. Anyhow, I will try to do better. I won't make any promises, but I'll make more of an effort.

I also missed 9/11. No that's not true. I started about 900 times to blog yesterday, but nothing I attempted to write made the cut. I will never forget. Nuff said.

And Survivor starts on Thursday. All's right with the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And a beautiful sock it is, Beth!!! I would be so proud, too, if I were you! When you wear them...you'll have to show them to anyone you pass, saying, "LOOK! I made these!!!!"
here's a short sock story..last year, my kids would inspect my socks each day...they LOVED to see Mrs. Key's crazy socks! :) :)
You ROCK!