Wednesday, September 26, 2007

CSI: Backyard

People... I can't make this stuff up. First it was the wack-job who drove the bulldozer into the Police Department. (still haven't heard what is to become of him) Now, today, we have another wack-job... who robbed our little bank. On a BIKE. We received notice as we were dismissing the kids at the end of the day, that the bank had been held up and the guy had fled on a bike. Being we are less than 1/2 a mile from the bank, and many of our kids walk home, some near the bank.. this was a concern. We held them for a few extra minutes, while my good friend drove down to the end of my road in her truck, and made sure the walking kids got to where they needed to be OK. There were about eleventy thousand police swarming around, so I don't think this was a concern. But alas.. it was the right thing to do.It made the kids feel better, and their parents I'm sure.


So anyhow.. I walked home. And then I walked to the post office/mini-mall for drumming.. and then I walked home. I lived in the city for 5 years.. this is nothing to worry about IMO. (lots of other small town people around me are freaking out though.. bahaha) So anyhow.. after I got home, right as we were getting ready to have dinner, the CSU showed up, along with 3 CSI who proceeded to hem and haw and argue, right across from my house, where the bike was ditched and they think the robber got into a car. I couldn't resist snapping a few photos out my bedroom window... but for privacy and all that.. I'm only sharing the Crime Truck. I thought it was cool.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Wow. Who knew that your small town was such a hotbed of crime and skullduggery? :)

Bec said...

Well, I hope that robber wore his helmet!