Thursday, April 10, 2008

I Don't Know What It Is... But It Just Won't Quit

If you are here looking for wit, and humor, I suggest you turn around now. I seem to have a short supply of both at the moment. Life and I aren't quite getting along at the moment and I don't know when we will be on speaking terms again.

You might remember that I told you about my friend that has breast cancer that returned in her lungs. The one who has been so worried these past few years every time she got really sick, convinced that it had come back.


Her worst fears were confirmed yesterday, as the doctors told her that the tumors in her lungs have grown and aren't responding to the chemo. They are going to start a more aggressive treatment today, but they are no longer optimistic and told her she should start getting her ducks in a row. To say that she is devastated would be a gross understatement. She has been fearing the worst now for a while, and we as her friends have been having a hard time with that. We have continued to be very hopeful for her, as hard as it's been while she's been so down and negative.

She hasn't told her children (they are all teenagers) yet how seriously sick she is, and now she has to tell them that she is dying. I have been knitting her chemo caps, and will continue to do so as they will start her on a more aggressive chemo today, just in case, that will cause all her hair to fall out by days end. Maybe the doctors will be wrong this one time. Maybe if you feel so inclined, you could say some prayers for her and her children.

She loves plants and flowers, so I am posting this picture for her. (( K ))

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Oh Beth, I'm so sorry. Big hugs and strong thoughts to your friend and to you.

iht2wrk said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family.

Lissa Ballard said...

I'm so sorry to hear of the continued sad news for your friend. Lots of prayers for her family and friends... Gentle hugs too...