Friday, May 20, 2005

Where art thou May?

Just in case anyone else is keeping track with me.. 23 more days of school. 23 more.. LONG.. DAYS. Glad this week is over.

So my calendar says it's spring. In fact, spring started sometime a long while back. The high's for this weekend are in the upper 50's. Yes, I said 50's. WTF? I'm tired of being cold, I'm tired of wearing sweaters and.. well I'm just tired. Is it beer-thirty yet?

On a funnier note.. we were investigating a wet spot on the lower playground at school today to determine if it was in fact a vernal pool. If you don't know what this is, it's an area that turns into a small wet habitat in the spring and dries up once the warm hot weather gets here. In the meantime small shrimps and frogs and all sorts of creatures call it home.

So there we are looking for tadpoles which we find every year, and this big mother of a bull-frog moves. Just a hair, but it moves enough for us to all go "ohhhhhhhhhh lookit the frog!" Except for one student who was goofing around not paying attention. So we're making oohing and ahhing noises and discussing the type of frog etc.. and mr. bullyfrog decides he wants nothing to do with this. And jumps. Far. And splashes right down in front of mr. "I could care less" with a big plop. And scares the snot out of him.

It was all I could do not to bust out laughing. I mean c'mon..it's been a long week. I'm entitled to find humor in someone else's misfortune. Right??

No comments: