Friday, October 28, 2005

5 things I will be doing this weekend

1. Freezing. Our last soccer game is tomorrow. This is a make-up game for a game that has been rained out twice. It was supposed to be playoff weekend. Let's not think about soccer next week in the cold days of November. It's just not right. And we are supposed to get snow tonight. Yehaw. Remind me again how it's fun to play soccer in the freezing cold?

2. Raking. See prior post about why I NEED to rake this weekend. In fact, I'm starting as soon as I'm done typing. Too many leaves. Must rake.

3. Errands. We do errands every weekend. OK, so *I* do errands every weekend. But yesterday Micheal's opened up a new store down in the city. Guess where I'm going Sunday? Can you spell Grand Opening Sale? Oh, and did I mention it's a payday? I'm sure I need something.

4. Baking. I have apples past their peak. They will become applesauce. Speaking of things past their peak, I have a few bananas that need to become a bread too. I need to get some stuff in the freezer for the holidays. I'm thinking of pumpkin chocolate chip bread, and I know I have cranberries in the freezer, maybe they'll become bread also. Bread is the easiest thing to bring to wherever we are going (travels well, and we have to travel far), people love that it's homemade, and it's easy. Besides, in a pinch it makes a great neighbor gift. I'm planning on taking advantage of all free weekend days, as I don't have many between now and then.

5. Cleaning. The fall cleaning is coming along great. If I could stop doing projects in the rooms I'm cleaning (like ripping out the rug in the upstairs hall) I might be closer to done. I enlisted the boy's help this year. Why didn't I think of this sooner? Oh right, because this is the first year he's ever been so agreeable to doing it.

And on top of all that, I need to knit. I need to finish up some things, and spend some selfish time de-stressing. Of all the hobbies I have, knitting accomplishes that the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like you're busy!!! Glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't get to knit much this weekend! Good luck!