Monday, October 24, 2005

Just another manic Monday


It was a busy weekend. I skipped the Friday post to go play with pumpkins and this photo is a view from the boy's camera. It was a little on the cold side, but we ran into some old friends and had a good time in spite of that.

The rest of the weekend was a blur of soccer and errands and cleaning and other such busy-ness..and in the hustle and bustle of it all my little gal was fighting a cold she's had since last week. I tried to convince her Saturday that playing in cold icky weather wasn't in her best interests, and yes in fact her soccer team would survive without her, but alas she is a trooper and played anyhow.

So imagine my surprise this morning, when she said she wanted to stay home from school. The girl who lives by the post office moto, and has only missed one day of school in her whole life, asked to stay home. So of course I said yes. She's gone on days when she didn't feel good before, despite my best efforts to keep her home, so I know she's feeling crummy. That and she says she didn't sleep good and is tired. She looks like a train hit her going mock 2, and is sacked on the couch with her blankets and pillow watching Sponge Bob.

So needless to say, I am enjoying a day off myself. A day to be home (not sick) and catch up on things that I have been putting off. A day to relax and have some me time. A day not to be at school administrating the last of the %$#% state testing, and then having to rush home to do chores and get ready for soccer. Because, after all, if you stay home from school.. you stay home from soccer. I've already accomplished a lot this morning. But right now, I'm going to go enjoy a cup of tea and a banana. I could get used to this.

No comments: